Learn How to Build Your Hub
Once you sign up and have your domain created, you are assigned a username and password in order to log in. Because the password is automated and mathematical, it is usually hard to remember, so the first thing I would do is to log into your user profile and change the password and change it to something you can remember easily.
Main Site Elements To Create
- Categories (to assign posts to)
- Side Panel Widgets (like Calendars, Social Buttons, Tags, Article sections, etc.)
- Galleries (including slide shows)
For those that need help with the basics and/or getting beyond the basics of site development, you can get free tutorials in the hub.
Aside from the documentation on the hub, there are also free phone consultations, one-on-one training, free workshops and webinars that are also available to hub members.
A good thing to learn is how to use your 50 mb of assigned free space wisely. Since images tend to take up the most space, there are good strategies to using as little space as possible for each image.
50 megabytes is usually large enough to house a gallery and 100′s of webpages. It is a good idea to monitor your media library for duplicate images. If you delete an image and then re-upload it again, it counts as two images. Manage your media library and look for duplication regularly.
How to Build your Free Hub on SimcoeArtists.com
- Introduction to Your Dashboard
- Passwords, Users & Admin Bar
- The Browser Admin Bar
- Change Password on the Your Profile Page
- Develop & Manage Your Own Members
- How to Manage Users
- Activate your Kitchen Sink
- Make Headings
- Working with Quick Press
- Working with Tags
- Trash a Page or Post
- Restore Page or Post from Trash Folder
- Replace images in a Post or Page
- Introduction to Media Library
- Embed videos, images and media into posts and pages
- Paste from MS Word into Posts and Pages
- Image Editor
- Introduction to Link Categories
- Ordered and Unordered Lists in Posts and Pages
- Add an image from your Computer
- Delete an Image from a Post or Page
- Edit Image in a Post or Page
- Where Do I Find The Image Upload Button?
- Controlling How Posts and Feeds DisplayPosts in Action
- Introduction to Post Excerpt
- Set Featured Image for a Post or Page
- Creating Hyperlinks
- Connecting Twitter to Your Hub
- Add a Twitter Button to Your Hub
- Add A Facebook Live Feed to Your Hub
- Approving and Editing Comments
- Making Content Public and Private
- 3 Ways to Publish
- Video Steps to Creating a Post
- Add Headings to a Post or Page
- Add Paragraphs to Posts and Pages
- Editing Posts or Pages
- Screen Capture Tutorial Importing from MS Word
- Working With Pages & Menus
- Add A New Page
- How to Make a Family Menu (Parents and Children)
- Add Links to a Sidebar
- Working with Categories
- Make Categories
- Visual Editing Formatting Toolbar
- Using the Image Editor to Crop or Scale
- Using the image editor to rotate or flip
- How to Make Your own Image Gallery On SimcoeArtists.com
- Instructional Tutorial to Build a Gallery
Teaching the Arts
Are you an Art teacher? Do you have some tips to give people who want to know how to paint, draw, learn pottery, take a great photo or maybe learn Photoshop/ Illustrator?
This section of the Coffee shop lounge is for you to offer some tips, post scheduled art classes or find out what art classes are happening and where.
The coffee shop has no limits for teachers and students of the arts. It could be as simple as a quick Twitter discussion. There is no shortage of people who want to learn art or teach it. This online resource is a blank canvas to get a conversation going. Let’s have some fun and learn – or teach.
If you would like to learn a specialty or desired art discipline, you are invited to view posted classes in the learning centre or download available articles and documents. If you are a member, it is totally free to instigate or participate in conversation.
The main hub has an Events section for workshop information to be posted. Along with the main hub, each member can have a calendar installed quickly and easily from their widget pane from their dashboard (after you log in with your username and password).
It will be up to the visitor to decide who they would like to get art lessons from.
* Please note that you must be a member in order to make postings.
Post Schedules and Updates in the Calendar:
To look for class times and information sessions in Simcoe County the Simcoe hub calendar is your best bet. You don’t need to be a member to view the events. It is Simcoe’s first master calendar of all events in Simcoe County. Schedules, classes, workshops, seminars, webinars, podcasts, radio shows, TV shows and/or video uploads are found here.